Final Feature Story Update

By Samuel Moser

My feature story got off to a slow start, but I couldn’t be more excited about the direction that it’s heading.

It took awhile to come up with a topic specific enough to cover, and it seemed like I wouldn’t be able to find an interview. However, after emailing roughly five people, I finally got a response from one of the park board commissioners at large.


She agreed to do an interview, and gave me very helpful responses. Also, she invited me to attend a park board meeting which led me to amazing insight on the situation and amazing connections to interview. 


Luckily, all of my setbacks came early on, and I feel like I will be prepared to write the story very soon. 


So far, I have learned the importance of perseverance while looking for sources. I now know that it just takes one connection to open up amazing opportunities for a story. 


As for next week, I plan to conduct my final interview with either Superintendent Al Bangoura or a North Minneapolis community member. In addition, I plan to find my non-human source, and I intend on organizing my findings into an outline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analysis of Alexis Soloski's Interview with Actress Beanie Feldstein

Adele is Finally Returning to the Music Industry with Upcoming Album

How the 'Metaverse' is Changing the World of Music